It’s been a while since we have seen you and we really miss that. All of us at Fire On The Mountain hope you are all safe and well. It has been one strange Summer for all of us. We were hoping that by now the Virus would have been more under control and businesses would be running at normal capacities. Sadly, we are not there yet.
Fire On The Mountain will be reopening the retail store on Monday, September 28. Our team continues to work hard to create a safe environment for you to enjoy. At this time we are planning to reopen using the following guidelines.
- All visits will be appointment only. You will be able to make an appointment online using the super simple app. You can also call us during business hours. You will be able to pick the type of service you want (ex. Buy ski gear, buy snowboard gear, boot fitting, etc.)
- Appointment bookings will allow us to maintain proper personal space and give us time to clean and sanitize between visits. We are building extra protective barriers to ensure safety for our staff and guests. Please follow all physical distancing regulations and make use of hand sanitizing stations throughout your visit.
- Customers will be allowed to bring one guest to their appointment. All staff and visitors will wear a mask at all times. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
- Appointments outside of normal business hours will be considered on a case by case basis
- Walk-ins will be considered but you must contact us via a phone call or email before arriving. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- Expect an expanded catalog of high-end performance gear with lots of options for backcountry skiing and split board gear. We’ll continue to carry helmets, goggles, poles, packs, skins, and other accessories. We’ve long been the specialists for backcountry skiing and snowboarding, so if you’re curious about what gear you’ll need to get started, don’t hesitate to reach out.
- We plan on operating our service department this season but not right away. We are hoping to add ski and snowboard tuning services about a month after we open. Stay tuned for more updates.
Our Boot Club leasing program for kids has been a huge part of who we are as a shop. We look forward to seeing all the young rippers come in to get their boots, skis, and boards for the season. As many of you know, it can get pretty crazy on those days! There is a lot of uncertainty right now as to how the resorts will operate and what services they can offer. Many of the school programs are in danger of not happening. We have decided that we will not offer the Boot club program upon reopening. If you still have boots from last year, we would love to get them back. Please contact us to arrange a drop-off. We are hoping we can add the Boot Club to our available services by the Holidays.
Here at Fire On The Mountain, like you, we’re stoked for winter. Our Team is excited to provide world-class service at a higher level than ever before. We promise to take care of you to the best of our ability. We will be providing the appointment link info and more exciting staff news soon!
Thanks for reading and be well